MH Imaging Ultrasound Services
An ultrasound is a medical imaging technique that uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the inside of the body. Ultrasound is a non-invasive and painless procedure, and it is often used to diagnose a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Pregnancy: Ultrasound is often used to monitor the health and development of an unborn baby during pregnancy.
- Heart: Ultrasound can be used to assess heart function, diagnose heart disease, and plan for surgery.
- Gallbladder: Ultrasound can be used to diagnose gallstones, gallbladder inflammation, and other gallbladder problems.
- Kidneys: Ultrasound can be used to diagnose kidney stones, kidney disease, and other kidney problems.
- Musculoskeletal system: Ultrasound is a valuable tool for diagnosing injuries to the bones, joints, and muscles.
Ultrasound is a safe and effective imaging technique.
What is an UltraSound?
Ultrasound images are created using high frequency sound waves to create the images. Ultrasound has a good safety record because it does not use radiation. The technologist will apply a probe to your skin using a warm gel. During this process the technologist will obtain static images for the radiologist to view. The ultrasound itself is not painful, but if you experience pain during your exam please notify the technologist so that probe pressure can be adjusted. Once your exam is completed, the radiologist will review your images and a report with your result will be sent to your doctor.
How it works
Ultrasound is an imaging modality that uses sound waves to produce images. Typically, ultrasound is used to image the organs of the abdomen and pelvis, the pregnant uterus, or the blood vessels of the arms, legs, and neck, but ultrasound can also be used for guidance during invasive procedures such as biopsies and arthrograms. Ultrasounds usually take approximately 45 minutes to perform and you may need to be prepped (asked to not eat or drink, or asked to come with a full bladder) depending on which ultrasound examination you are having done. Your scheduler will guide you as to which prep to use.
Your Complete Imaging Provider
|1.5T SHORT BORE MRI|
|1.5T OVAL WIDE BORE MRI|
|1.2T OPEN MRI|
|CT LOW DOSE W/METAL REDUCTION|
|LUNG CANCER SCREENING|
|BREAST CANCER SCREENING|
|PROSTATE CANCER SCREENING|
|Call Today||(262) 321-7970||(262) 842-1400||(414) 281-1490||(608) 200-3403|